Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In the beginning...

I'm starting a blog. Go figure. Soon I'm planning to leave on an adventure and perhaps some of my family, friends, parishioners, fans & non-fans (un-fans?) might have an interest in my progress.

The plan is to leave the parish on September 5, 2010, after the morning Masses and drive to St. Louis, Missouri, to participate in a program to lose weight and tackle some of my health issues.

It's a program of the St. Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute. http://www.slbmi.com/ They'll evaluate me and tailor the program to meet my individual needs -- at that point, perhaps I'll know how long I'll be away.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey! I am behind you 100% and look forward to your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Mens sana in corpore sano. Glad to see you on fb and will watch for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam & I look forward to see less of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for you....all those that love and admire you want you around for many more decades!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward seeing less of you when you return

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are being proactive on your health issues. This provides a good model to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very nice sermon today. humility.
    good luck on your venture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo to you! The best is yet to come for you. We LOVE you and are glad to have a way to keep track of you while you are so far far away.

    ReplyDelete