Saturday, December 25, 2010

A White Christmas in St. Louis!

After the 7:15 AM morning Mass on Christmas Eve (Friday), it began snowing in St. Louis and continued all day. It was great! And today, it is beautiful here on the banks of the Mississippi!
For the first time in almost 35 years, I had no special Christmas duties – no Masses (other than my own), no homilies to deliver, no liturgies to prepare for and… and… my Christmas shopping was done, online and early!) so I took advantage of the situation.
I went to bed early on Christmas eve, and we had a quiet Mass this morning at 8 AM in the La Salette Chapel. There were 5 of us – 4 priests and 1 brother. It was peaceful and lovely.
I celebrated my Christmas Mass for you, my friends, supporters, family and benefactors. I find myself surrounded by cards and letters and thoughtful remembrances and generous gifts.  I am very grateful!
May you and yours experience a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas in St. Louis. One of my most memorable Christmas's was spent on Pike's Peak at a cabin without electricity or running water.
    The family mass on Christmas Eve was wonderful. The CCD kids did a fabulous job and the church is beautiful, as always. Looking forward to your return and praying for your continued success.

    ReplyDelete