After speaking with my Institute doctor, I've decided to go home for my angiogram.
She told me that, if during the procedure, they discoves that there are significant blockages in/around the heart, they probably wouldn't let me leave the hospital: they'd do the bypass sugery right there. She doesn't expect it to be the outcome, but said it's best to be prepared for the more serious consequences. And that if it were her, she'd want family and friends to be there.
Also I figure the good La Salette Fathers and Brothers couldn't really handle an invalid priest on the third floor.
So I've decided to pack up and go home next week. It could be for a week or two or a month or two depending on what happens.
The folks at the institute say they'd welcome me back for open arms.
The folks at the diocese say they understand and that I need to do it.
In the meantime, I'll keep on my diet and hope to make progress as best I can.
Gosh, that's a long drive...